Fridays have become the de facto Music day. But since I've got no new music to share today, I'll just share something else. Bear with me.
I hold things in. I don’t know when I learned that. It's probably been the best thing about me and the worst. The best because I avoid fights, I have learned how to hold my tongue, I am politically correct, don’t offend anyone and alls good in the world. But there's just some days where you have to be bold enough to own how you feel about something and ready to deal with any repercussions that may come. This is my step into speaking up a little more, trusting my opinion and dealing with opinions unlike mine.
So I’m going to try a quick experiment and tell you how I really feel about a few things, all while maintaining a certain level of civility. I’ll start with smaller things in life.
- I can’t take dance music beats in all the music on the radio. It seems like now, hip hop r&b, even alterna/rock music has the same dance beat. WTH is that? (Showing my age? Maybe).
- I swear in my head practically every morning on the train. That’s because I HATE everyone on the train Mornings and Nights and Weekends, OK- all the time. I know I’m better than that…but it’s the only release I’ve got.
- I don’t like Juicy Couture Sweats or anything that has lettering on your behind. It’s just so confusing and distracting to me.
- I can be very judgmental/hyper-critical of other people's taste in music, and yet I love K-Pop and was dancing to N’Syncs ‘No Strings Attached” album the other day.
- I don’t like commentary on celebrities or people I don’t know, but I really think Lance Armstrong is not a very nice person and deserves the ban.
- Along the same lines, I don’t like Katt Williams, yet I have never listened to his comedy. I think the Target smack-down was enough to form an opinion.
- I will never tell you that you have a booger, spinach in your teeth, see through tights etc- I guess I’m not a good friend. It’s just that I’m just so very embarrassed for you.
- Please stop watching crass reality TV, STOP IT. PLEASE. That mostly goes for anything with "Wives" in it.
- I think most people are somewhat superficial and materialistic…and that includes ME.
- Sulphates, Cones, Mineral Oil…. I don’t check and I don't care. Ooops.
- Green smoothies, tried them ... Sigh!
- In my head, you became an Alcoholic the moment you got that 3rd drink… I know you’re not really, but you are in my head.
- I LOVE using Instagram, Not so much Twitter.
Whew, got that off my chest with only a mild fear of offending/alienating any of my readers.
That wasn’t so bad, maybe I’ll make this a thing.
Anything you want to get off your chest. As P.B.O says, disagree without being disagreeable.
Is it a bad idea to speak up? Should you always say nothing, if you have nothing nice to say?
What say you?
Have a nice weekend.